Posts for category: Oral Health
Before whitening products and dental solutions hit the market, many Americans had to settle for a less than stellar shade for their teeth. Now it's possible to walk into your dentist's office then back out in an hour with considerably brighter teeth. Consider these four benefits of getting whiter teeth from Grand Rapids dentist Dr. Jonathan Eagle.
1. Youthful Features
If you’re concerned about maintaining a youthful appearance, one benefit of whiter teeth is that they make you look younger. Yellow, dull and discolored teeth are one common symptom associated with the process of aging. The older a person gets the more wear and tear start to show up on the teeth. A whitening appointment can zap youth right back into your smile.
2. More Confidence When Dating
Another advantage of whiter teeth is that it gives you more confidence when you’re on dates and in close, friendly settings. Have you ever been on a date and found yourself hiding your smile or trying not to smile for fear of what the other person would think of your teeth? After tooth whitening, you’ll start to feel much more relaxed and willing to smile around others.
3. Promotions at Work
Experts have also found that having a whiter smile may have benefits on the job. People who have more attractive smiles tend to do better at work and are more likely to get important promotions. If you’re up for a promotion at work soon or just want to improve your confidence on the job, consider a tooth whitening session with Grand Rapids dentist Dr. Eagle.
4. Higher Self-Esteem
The best benefit of having a whiter smile is that it does wonders for your self-esteem. You’ll start to see the change in the mirror soon after your appointment with Dr. Eagle. The more you see your new, beautiful smile, the better you’ll feel about the face you’re presenting to the world each day.
Are You Ready for Whiter Teeth?
In-office whitening solutions are available that can brighten your teeth by eight shades or more. If you feel it’s time for whiter teeth, contact the office of Grand Rapids dentist Dr. Jonathan Eagle today by calling (616) 361-9330. You can also request an appointment online at http://www.eagledds.com .
It’s understandable that your current schedule may make it difficult to see the dentist, but neglecting your regular appointments can lead to a number of complications over time. Grand Rapids family dentist Dr. Jonathan Eagle treats a variety of dental problems that could have been avoided if the patient had made the important decision to come in for a visit as early as possible. Here are three clear signs that it’s time to make an appointment to see your family dentist for a checkup.
The most glaring sign that it’s time to see your family dentist is when you have any type of oral pain. That pain may be in the inner nerves of your teeth, the gums or even from the surface of your tongue. Oral pain is an indication that something is wrong, whether there’s a hole in the tooth (cracked or cavity), infection or an inflammation of the gum tissue. If you have of oral pain that makes it difficult carry on with a normal day, see Grand Rapids family dentist Dr. Eagle as soon as possible.
Gums Are Bleeding
Do your gums bleed when you brush? If so, and this happens often, that isn’t normal—bleeding gums may be an early indication of gum disease like periodontitis or gingivitis. These conditions have to be resolved immediately with deep cleanings, scaling and root planing and possibly dental surgery to remove the bacteria and prevent tooth loss. Grand Rapids family dentist Dr. Jonathan Eagle can diagnose and treat bleeding gums.
Missing Teeth Are Making it Difficult to Chew or Talk
Some people are able to live with one or more missing teeth without a problem, but others have a hard time managing without them. Your teeth are an important part of your digestive health—if you can’t properly chew and process your food you could put a strain on your digestive system. Missing teeth can also make it difficult to talk, smile and pronounce words properly in company. So if these are concerns that you have, contact your family dentist to talk about options for temporary or permanent tooth replacements.
See Your Trusted Family Dentist Today
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, don’t hesitate to get help or at the very least a consultation. Contact Grand Rapids family dentist Dr. Jonathan Eagle at (616) 361-9330 to talk to a friendly staff member, or visit his website at http://www.eagledds.com to request a visit from your cellphone or browser.
- Hard Candy: Hard candy puts constant exposure to sugar on your teeth. They also can cause broken or chipped teeth.
- Ice: Ice is most likely going to be a part of your next party to keep food or drinks cool. Although ice is just water and is essentially good for you, chewing on ice can leave your teeth vulnerable to a dental emergency and can also damage tooth enamel.
- Citrus: Citrus can be found in many party drinks and some foods. Acidic foods like citrus can erode the enamel on teeth can make them more susceptible to decay over time.
- Sticky Foods: Sticky foods can damage your teeth. They tend to stay on the teeth longer than foods that are not sticky.
- Crunchy Foods: Chips are a common side for barbeques and go great with many party dips. Chips are actually filled with starch and can get stuck in your teeth. Be sure to floss to remove all the starch particles, if not, plaque will build-up.
- Soda: Soda is one of the most common carbonated soft drink. Soda includes lots of sugar that produce acids that attack tooth enamel. It can also dry out your mouth from the caffeine. If you choose a soda, try to drink a cup of water with it.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can cause your saliva to reduce over time. This can lead to tooth decay and other oral infections like gum disease.